HOME       ABOUT       WEBCAST       DO I QUALIFY?       BLOG       CONTACT

   

Mar

12

 

How Safe is Your Laundry Detergent?

Being a mom, one of the most important things to me is my family's health. Now, when I was a new mom I did the things my mom did, because that's all I knew. That included the products that I used in my home...my mom used Tide, so I used Tide. The only problem with that is, my family was having some pretty significant issues with eczema. My son would have terrible patches behind his knees and in the creases of his arms. Even my husband started having patches show up, and he had never suffered from eczema! Nothing would clear it up. That started my research on our products and what could be causing them. What I learned was beyond disturbing.

Laundry detergent is one of the most dangerous products in your home. The reason they are so harmful is because of what they are made of. Unfortunately the detergent you are using is probably made with a cocktail of potent cancer causing chemicals, some of which the manufacturer doesn't even have to list on the label. This one little loophole, reduces the odds that you will ever discover what's truly in there.

The top 4 ingredients found in laundry detergents:

Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS/SLES)
1,4-Dioxane (according to US Federal Regulation System, is considered to be as, or even more dangerous than many pesticides)
NPE (nonylphenol ethoxylate) "The Gender Bender"
Phosphates
I will let you do the research into these. However I will tell you that all of them have been linked to cancer. And did you see that? NPE is referred to as the Gender Bender... Do we really want to have these around our families?! And this is just in our regular laundry detergent.

Laundry Pods: They're convenient, but deadly

Laundry Pods: They're convenient, but deadly

I'm sure you have heard the dangers of laundry pods. It has been in the news A LOT lately because, apparently it is the new cool trend with kids to do the pod challenge. Kids and teens are deliberately putting them in their mouth and biting down on them. This is extremely dangerous because the pods contain an extremely concentrated formula of detergent, and when they bite down on them the detergent is shot down their throats, causing burning of their lungs and their esophagus. This could cause long term breathing problems, hospitalization, and even death.

But, lets talk about accidental exposure. As parents we are always diligent about watching our children but sometimes that's not enough. Parents doing laundry with their child's help have had emergency situations when their child accidentally pops one of the pods. Several cases have been reported of blinding, vomiting, difficulty breathing, and even death.

Even elderly people suffering from Alzheimer or dementia have died from accidentally ingesting the laundry pods when they mistook them for candy. Bottom line they are extremely dangerous to our families health.

Now, let's take it a little further...They say that even when these chemicals that are found in our detergents is absorbed they can have damaging effects ranging from brain development, fertility issues, and cancer. The reason that is alarming is because laundry detergent is never fully washed out of your clothing. Your clothing then sits on the largest organ in your body (your skin), and those remaining chemicals get released onto your skin all day long. That means we are constantly being exposed to these chemicals and the harmful side effects that come along with them.

We have a responsibility as moms to keep our families safe by ensuring our products don't have...
Chlorine Bleach
Ammonia
Abrasives
Phosphates

Laundry Pods: They're convenient, but deadly

I'm sure you have heard the dangers of laundry pods. It has been in the news A LOT lately because, apparently it is the new cool trend with kids to do the pod challenge. Kids and teens are deliberately putting them in their mouth and biting down on them. This is extremely dangerous because the pods contain an extremely concentrated formula of detergent, and when they bite down on them the detergent is shot down their throats, causing burning of their lungs and their esophagus. This could cause long term breathing problems, hospitalization, and even death.

But, lets talk about accidental exposure. As parents we are always diligent about watching our children but sometimes that's not enough. Parents doing laundry with their child's help have had emergency situations when their child accidentally pops one of the pods. Several cases have been reported of blinding, vomiting, difficulty breathing, and even death.

Even elderly people suffering from Alzheimer or dementia have died from accidentally ingesting the laundry pods when they mistook them for candy. Bottom line they are extremely dangerous to our families health.

Now, let's take it a little further...They say that even when these chemicals that are found in our detergents is absorbed they can have damaging effects ranging from brain development, fertility issues, and cancer. The reason that is alarming is because laundry detergent is never fully washed out of your clothing. Your clothing then sits on the largest organ in your body (your skin), and those remaining chemicals get released onto your skin all day long. That means we are constantly being exposed to these chemicals and the harmful side effects that come along with them.

We have a responsibility as moms to keep our families safe by ensuring our products don't have...
Chlorine Bleach
Ammonia
Abrasives
PhosphatesPhthalates
Triclosan
Parabens
Formeldehyde
We have to be educated!

 

 

 

Copyright 2019 SX3sites.com - All Rights Reserved

Design, Hosting &Virtual Office provided by SX3sites.com